This Fall the Disney Wonder will go into drydock for 6 weeks. But when she returns, she will have a whole host of new experiences and enhancements for families looking to cruise!
Disney Cruise Lines has announced that the Wonder will be out of service between September 9 to October 23, 2016, while she is transformed in Cadiz, Spain.
So what can you expect for the updated Disney Wonder? More superheros, princesses, play spaces and a re-designed water park!
In Disney’s Oceaneer Club, Marvel Super Hero Academy will offer extraordinary adventures in which kids play an integral role. With the mentorship of some of Marvel’s greatest Super Heroes, young trainees will learn the value of teamwork, bravery and problem solving through hands-on play and programs.
Spider-Man will appear in person to help children hone their spider senses by perfecting their skills of reflex, speed and sharp minds. Other Marvel Super Heroes will interact with children via a large digital display. In one program, kids can control the movement of a character on screen to practice super skills like repulsor blasting.
Tiana’s Place restaurant will transport you to an era of southern charm, spirited jazz and street party celebrations. Here you’ll be treated to New Orleans dining and entertainment, with live music creating a French Quarter supper club atmosphere.
Chefs will cook up Tiana’s recipes, drawing inspiration from the flavors and ingredients of the Louisiana bayou. Tiana’s personal touch will be evident in the menu, the entertainment and throughout every detail in the restaurant.
The adult district includes a brand-new pub that invites you to take a jaunt to an authentic English tavern. The space is adorned with dark woods, plush leather furniture and brass accents, and subtle nods to classic Disney films set in London can be found in artwork and props. British and specialty beers create the perfect pub atmosphere, where adults can sip a pint, or sample a brew made especially for the pub.
Some of the other new and enhanced areas include:
- After Hours – a new adult district featuring the English pub, an all-new night club and a shiny new model of the popular Cadillac Lounge
- A reimagined and relaxing Senses Spa & Salon and a new Chill Teen Spa
- Animator’s Palate main dining restaurant updated to introduce the popular “Drawn to Magic” and “Animation Magic” dinner shows
- Cabanas casual dining location
- Palo specialty restaurant makeover with Venetian-inspired décor
- D Lounge for family games and entertainment
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique providing magical makeovers for children
- Edge club for tweens
- “it’s a small world” Nursery for the youngest cruisers
The ship’s upper decks also will be redesigned for waterful fun:
- Twist ‘n’ Spout water slide provides splashtacular fun
- Dory’s Reef is a splash zone that offers fanciful water play for toddlers
- AquaLab is a pool and interactive water play area for kids and families
In addition, there will be new play spaces and more character interactions for children in Disney’s Oceaneer Club:
- Frozen Adventures is where fun takes the form of imaginative play and hands-on activities. On the digital screen, Olaf leads summery games with a wintery twist and a sing-a-long of “In Summer.”
- In another festive activity, young guests prepare for a coronation and receive a truly royal and in-person visit by Anna and Elsa.
- Club Disney Junior features favorite Disney Junior characters, storytelling and games. During one activity, Doc McStuffins pays a visit to the club to help children diagnose and treat the stuffed animals.
- Andy’s Room where kids feel toy-sized in the multi-level play space themed to the Disney•Pixar “Toy Story” trilogy. As a special treat, Woody appears in person to join youngsters in a hoedown and Jessie stops by to join in a scavenger hunt.
The new Disney Wonder will debut on sailings starting November 10 from Galveston, Texas. She will continue to sail from Galveston to the Bahamas and Caribbean, until the ship sails to San Juan, Puerto Rico on January 20, 2017. On January 26, 2017, a three-night cruise takes guests from San Juan to Port Canaveral, Fla., where the ship will homeport for the spring.