More people are considering traveling with their family this year. This was found out by TripAdvisor a leading travel website that asked its responders whether they wished to take a family vacation this year. 83 percent said they wanted to take at least one family vacation in 2011 which is higher from 79 percent last year. Also, most wanted a beach, city, theme park vacation, cultural trip or an adventure trip.
To help make the decision, Virtuoso, a leading luxury travel network, has come up with top 10 family travel destinations that can lure people in 2011. These are,
- Italy – The nation with its extraordinary architectural sites like the Pompeii and Roman Colosseum has topped the list of destinations for 2011. People may also enjoy going to the much talked about Italian wine tours.
- England – England is in limelight this year for a multitude of reasons. There is a Royal Wedding scheduled in near future and London is also hosting the 2012 Olympics. There is also the Queen’s Diamond jubilee event in the same year. What makes UK a favourite with families is also the number of things here that can interest the whole family. There are the Countryside castles, city theme parks, cruises on the river Thames and other attractions spread around the nation.
- Hawaii – Families with a beach destination is mind can do all their unwinding at Hawaii. While those who wish to relax on beaches are spoilt for choices here, adventure lovers too can enjoy the different activities revolving around the beaches like snorkelling, surfing, kayaking etc.
- Costa Rica – Number four in the list is the Central American republic with its Caribbean coasts and evergreen forests. It is a god choice for adventure holiday with its numerous attractions like hiking, biking, white water rafting, canoeing etc.
- Alaska – The largest US state has a number of activities for the family. With almost half of world glaciers found here, boating across the glacier lakes is a good attraction. Equally interesting are whale watching trips, visiting the national parks, touring the landscape and enjoying the magnificent rail journeys with the whole family.
- South Africa – Wildlife lovers can plan a trip easily for the family to this land of lions and elephants. The country has a formidable coastline and also Wildlife sanctuaries to boast of. There is also the attraction of watching whales, penguins and seals around the Cape of Good Hope.
- Mexico – While the Cancun beaches and underwater diving are major pullers to Mexico for the family, what people can also enjoy here is the magnificent architectural marvels like the Kukulkan pyramid at the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza in Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula.
- Galpagos Islands – Charles Darwin spent six weeks in the island nation studying the fauna and later arriving at his famous theory of natural selection. The island is known for dense forests, unique animal species like the giant land tortoise and the flightless cormorants. The Glapagos National Park is also a world heritage site. Therefore, tourist activities on these islands feature snorkeling, kayaking, hiking, wildlife viewing, mountain biking, horseback riding, scuba diving and camping.
- Turks and Caicos Islands – The islands of West Indies have been found to be very popular in 2011 as family travel destinations. The place boasts of world’s longest coral reefs, a cruise ports, family recreational areas, a diving area and many more attractions.
- Australia and Bahamas – Both destinations have tied at number ten when it comes to family travel. While Australia is known for its many adventure sports, outdoor activities, theme parks and amusement parks, Bahamas spell luxury with numerous cruises and family holiday resorts.
Thus 2011 has much to offer from adventure, wildlife, beach to pure bliss in a natural setting for families keen to travel.