Disney’s premier tour company, Adventures by Disney, is expanding their 2018 destinations to include Iceland. With more than three dozen destinations in its roster, travelers will have the opportunity to navigate the diverse landscapes of Iceland, exploring the natural wonders of majestic waterfalls, massive glaciers and stunning volcanos on the new 8-day, 7-night vacation.
- Experience the splendor of Icelands Golden Circle with visits to the iconic Thingvellir National Park, Goðafoss waterfall and Kerið crater.
- Unwind, relax and indulge at the soothing Blue Lagoon and Mývatn Nature Baths.
- Come face-to-face with magnificent glaciers on a scenic cruise, and hike on the massive icecaps themselves.
- Trot through the scenic countryside on Icelandic horses.
- Embark on a humpback whale-watching expedition, capturing the experience in your minds eye and your cameras lens.
- Savor unique culinary experiences and the stories behind them, such as learning to make bread baked using geothermal heat, and discovering the secret to Icelands traditional smoking process.
- Embark on a whitewater rafting adventure through the glacial river of Skagafjörður.
- Hike along, and even behind, some of the regions most captivating waterfalls, including Seljalandsfoss and Goðafoss.
- Journey to the past while being immersed in rich Icelandic Viking heritage and exploring traditional turf houses.
“Were excited to offer travelers the opportunity to explore the incredibly popular destination of Iceland in uniquely enriching ways,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “With Adventures by Disney, families can experience this beautiful country, its iconic sights and cultural destinations like never before during a completely hassle-free vacation experience. Disney storytelling, engaging, active experiences and breathtaking natural wonders combine to make this one of our most remarkable itineraries to date.”
Also for 2018, Disney will be adding new experiences to some of their existing vacations for 2018. Enhancements to the Germany, Costa Rica and Ireland vacations focus on further enriching an already robust lineup of authentic experiences and local storytelling. Highlights of the reimagined Germany itinerary introduce first-ever experiences centered in Berlin, Ireland adds cultural activities such as learning the ancient sport of hurling, and Costa Rica takes travelers on explorations through the hidden gem of Caño Negro.