Star Wars fans rejoice! Disney Cruise Line’s epic day at sea returns in 2018 with 15 special Disney Fantasy sailings to the Caribbean from January through April.
Guests sailing on Fantasy for the Star Wars Day at Sea cruises will be transported to a galaxy far, far away to celebrate the legendary adventures from the Star Wars saga with Jedi, Wookiees, droids, Stormtroopers and others during the special day-long celebration.
“The Force is stronger than ever onboard the Disney Fantasy, and we are excited to bring back Star Wars Day at Sea in 2018,” said Karl Holz, president of Disney Cruise Line. “The popularity of the event over the past two years inspired us to continue immersing our guests in the Star Wars galaxy. Everyone, from the youngest Padawan to the most knowledgeable Jedi Master, is invited to enjoy this event of galactic proportions and make memories that will last a lifetime.”
Guests get a full day of Star Wars celebrations including a deck party spectacular with an extraordinary fireworks display, encounters with the characters, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, unique food and beverage offerings and special merchandise.
Throughout the day, guests can also enjoy some of these activities:
Discover the Force
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions and photos.
- Guests are encouraged to bring costumes for a special gathering in the atrium lobby.
- Guests indulge in the Star Wars films and television series, including all the films in the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Rebels and the latest installment in the new standalone series “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, snacks, dinner menu items and desserts please the palates of everyone from Padawans to Rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
Learn the Ways of the Jedi
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face-off with Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in all youth spaces for younglings to explore their powers.
- Kids and families test their knowledge during Star Wars trivia games.
“Summon the Force”
- The epic day at sea concludes with the “Summon the Force” deck celebration where guests unleash the Force during games, music and a galactic dance party.
- The grand finale features legendary Star Wars characters, pyrotechnics, stunts, special effects and a stunning fireworks display accompanied by John Williams’ iconic music.
Star Wars Day at Sea will only be on 15 Disney Fantasy seven-night Caribbean cruises sailing from Port Canaveral, Fla.
Those dates are:
Western Caribbean departing Jan. 6, 20; Feb. 3, 17; March 3, 17, 31; and April 14, 2018, visiting Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Eastern Caribbean departing Jan. 13, 27; Feb. 10, 24; March 10, 24; and April 7, 2018, visiting Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.