Adventures By Disney is the perfect vacation for families who want to see the world but don’t want to spend the next 6 months planning it. Blending luxury accommodations with unique excursions, Adventures By Disney pairs vacationers with Guides who act as a concierge/escort while on your private tours.
Launched in 2010 with destinations in Egypt, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and North and South America, Disney added Southeast Asia, Scotland, Wyoming and Costa Rica in recent years.
This year they have further increased their list of locales to include Austria, Germany & Czech Republic, and have enhanced their adventures in Italy!
“At Adventures by Disney, we make it our priority to provide families with unforgettable adventures across the globe, and especially this year we introduce an incomparable glimpse into some of Europe’s most beloved cities through storytelling and hands-on activities,” said Ken Potrock , Senior Vice President, Adventures by Disney. “The new Central Europe itinerary will send families on a journey through storybook villages, while the updated Italian vacation will immerse them in the stories and traditions that define Italy. Additionally, we are excited to introduce updates to some of our classic trips to include even more activities for teens.”
When you chose the Prague, Salzburg, Vienna & Bavarian Alps (9 Days / 8 Nights) itinerary you will be treated to an incredible vacation full of exclusive tours. Vacationers will tour of Ceský Krumlov, Eishöle Ice Cave, Hellbrunn Castle and Salzbergwerk Berchtesgaden Salt Mine. You will also have the opportunity to discover the art of marionette making and try their hand at pretzel-making!
If you chose the Italian adventure you will tour Rome, Florence, Venice & Tuscany (9 Days / 8 Nights).
Trip Highlights Include:
- VIP Experience at The Colosseum – Visit the majesty of Rome’s glorious past and the birthplace of modern civilization as you walk through history amongst the ruins of the Colosseum, including a special opportunity to tour the underground tunnels and step “on stage” as you enter the Arena.
- Private After-Hours Tour of the Vatican City Museum – Travel through 5 centuries of human civilization as recorded by the greatest artists throughout history on this private tour that also includes a visit to Michelangelo’s wondrous masterpiece, the Sistine Chapel.
- Tuscan Pasta-Making Class – Gather the family together for a private pasta-making lesson at Castello Vicchiomaggio. Afterward, delight in a wonderful lunch featuring an assortment of hot pasta dishes, as you enjoy the picturesque view from the hilltop castle.
- VIP Tour of Palazzo Vecchio – Get a private tour of Florence’s landmark town hall, including the stunning frescoes, beautiful artwork — and secret passages! You’ll also climb the tower for a panoramic view of the city and don medieval costumes for fun photo opportunities.
- Create Your Own Venetian Mask – Meet a renowned mask-maker who showcases his dazzling disguises for Carnivale in an exclusive event where you’ll construct a masquerade masterpiece of your own.
- Private Gondola Ride in Venice – Glide through the “Serene City” as you and your family are treated to the enchanting experience of exploring the canals of Venice by gondola.
Adventures by Disney launches special teen-focused departures in 2014:
- Peru: Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco & Lima – this South American adventure will now include authentic experiences for teens including taking a spin at salsa dancing with the locals and horseback riding through the rugged landscape. The tales of ancient civilizations will come alive during a bonfire and stargazing.
- Costa Rica: San Jose, Tortuguero, Arenal National Park, and Guanacaste – an exotic journey through the lush rainforests and thrilling wildlife of Costa Rica are enhanced with a teen-centric beach party on the country’s pristine sands. The jungles, volcanoes and waters of the region will be forever with families as teens partake in photography classes.
- Arizona & Utah: Sedona, Grand Canyon, Arches National Park and Moab – venture into the heart of the Southwest with a bike ride through Boynton Canyon in Sedona and an exhilarating hike through the Grand Canyon at sunset.
We have yet to travel with our kids overseas mostly because I am overwhelmed by where to start. Adventures By Disney takes care of all of the small details and ensures that your family hits all the hot spots, while infusing important cultural moments into your vacation. Also knowing that your hotels have been selected by a brand that is known to be the best in the travel industry also gives me piece of mind.
Most of your meals are also included which ensures that you won’t be spending you whole vacation looking for a reputable place to feed your family.
Disney is not cheap, but neither is traveling abroad. Often a once in a lifetime trip for many, you also want it to be done properly. I have only read good things about Adventures by Disney and hope to try it someday. Prague is definitely calling me name!
If you would like more information, please visit Adventures By Disney.
- It is worth noting that the minimum age for these trips is 4 and the suggested age is 6+.